Call For Workshops
The IEEE Conference on Advanced Video and Signal-based Surveillance (AVSS) has developed a tradition of hosting surveillance-related workshops on the day preceding the main conference. Recent AVSS workshops included:
- Performance Evaluation of Tracking Systems (PETS)
- Resource Aware Sensor and surveillance NETworkS (RAWSNETS)
- Activity Monitoring by Multi-Camera Surveillance Systems (AMMCSS)
- Activity Monitoring by Multiple Distributed Sensing (AMMDS)
- Workshop on Multimedia Systems for Surveillance (MMSS)
- Vehicle Retrieval in Surveillance (VRS)
- Low Resolution Face Analysis (LRFA)
This tradition will continue at AVSS 2018, and workshops will be held on 27 November 2018 prior to the start of the technical program of the main AVSS conference. We welcome workshop proposals in new and emerging research areas of visual and signal-based surveillance.
Prospective workshop organizers are invited to submit proposals via email to: [email protected] no later than 15 April 2018. The proposal should include the following information:
- Workshop title
- List of organizers including affiliation and email address
- Workshop motivation
- Estimated participation (industry/academia)
- Anticipated number of talks/posters and length of workshop (half-day or full-day)
- Paper submission procedure
- Paper review procedure (single-blind/double-blind, solicited/invited-only, pool of reviewers)
- Paper submission and acceptance deadlines (camera-ready and early registration deadlines for a workshop/contest must coincide with the corresponding deadlines of AVSS-2018 – see Important Dates on Call for Papers)
- Special space and equipment requests, if any.
We are looking forward to receiving your proposals!